Iron Mountain Art Handling Specialist -I (Storage) in Los Angeles, California
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
As a trusted partner to our clients there is a requirement that our Mountaineers must be vaccinated.
● Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
● Install/de-install artworks during onsite projects using proper techniques and tools
● Handle and move dec-arts and furniture, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
● Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
● Plan the organization and packing of trucks to ensure the utmost safety of objects during transit
● Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
● Lead a team; provide guidance and coaching during projects
● Act as a liaison while onsite between clients and company management ● Determine strategy for projects, particularly when senior staff are not onsite
DESIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
● Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design
● Demonstrated knowledge of industry-standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials
● Ability to speak effectively to clients and coworkers
● Strong attention to detail, discretion, and follow-through
● Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
● Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
Lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a min. of 50lbs own their own.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Minimum Education: High School Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE