Iron Mountain Art Technician L1 in England, United Kingdom
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Art Handling Specialists are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during onsite projects. This is a varying role where the candidate will be predominantly warehouse based as well as representing the company offsite. Flexibility to tasks and a keen willingness to learn new skills is absolutely essential.
· Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
-Liaise with internal/external shippers, customers and departments.
· Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
-Maintain and be aware of H&S requirements both on and off site.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
· Highly skilled, competent technical work, independent site visit ability, gantry and large project work
· Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials (advantageous)
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
· Strong attention to detail, discretion and commitment during all required tasks
· Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
· Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
· 2 + years experience within the fine arts transportation or specialized removals industry would be a particular advantage for this position
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Physical Requirements : lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 50lbs on their own.
Travel Requirements :
Utilization of Time and Equipment :
5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE